We gratefully acknowledge the funding provided by the
and Wildlife Service to develop
this web site and their commitment to plant conservation.
Special thanks to General Administration and Program Support (GAPS) for programming this website.
Line drawings provided by
Kentucky Native Plants Society
Site design, graphics and maps by KSNPC.
• Crum, H. A. and L. E. Anderson. Mosses of North
America. Vol. 1 and 2. Columbia University Press. New York.
• Fernald, M.L. 1950. Gray's Manual of Botany, 8th ed., Corr. Printing, 1970.
Van Nostrand, New York.
• Gleason, H.A., and A. Cronquist. 1991. Manual of vascular plants of
northeastern United States and adjacent Canada. The New York Botanical Gardens,
Bronx, New York, USA.
• Jones, Ronald. 2005. Plant Life of Kentucky: an illustrated guide to the
vascular flora. University of Kentucky Press, Lexington, KY.
• Kentucky Natural Heritage Database. 2006. Kentucky State Nature Preserves
Commission. Frankfort, KY.
• Medley, M.E. 1993. An annotated catalog of the known or reported vascular
flora of Kentucky. Ph.D. Dissertation, University of Louisville, Louisville,
• Steyermark, J. 1963. Flora of Missouri. Iowa State University Press, Ames,
• Weckman, T. J. 1999. A distributional and taxonomic study of the genus
Viburnum. (Caprifoliaceae) in Kentucky. M.S. Thesis. Eastern Kentucky
University, Richmond, KY.
• Weakley, A.S. 1998. Flora of the Carolinas and Virginia. Working Draft of May
• Wofford, B. E. 1989. Guide to the vascular plants of the Blue Ridge. The
University of Georgia Press. Athens, GA.
About the Photographs:
All photographs found on the Kentucky Rare Plant Database Web site are
copyrighted material and may not be used without permission of the
photographer. To request more information about a photograph or photographer
contact Deborah White (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Thanks to Thomas G. Barnes, Richard Cassell, James Kiser, John
MacGregor and Cary Tichenor for providing images used in the Rare Plants
Thanks to USDA-NRCS PLANTS Database and the
following photographers for use of images appearing on the PLANTS Database Web
• Larry Allain
• William and Wilma Follette
• David Gibson
• William S. Justice
• Robert H. Mohlenbrock
Thanks to the University of Wisconsin- Stevens Point
Freckmann Herbarium and Michael Lüth for use of images appearing on the UWSP
Web site (http://wisplants.uwsp.edu/).
Thanks to the University of Tennessee Herbarium and the following photographers
for the use of images appearing on the TENN Web site (http://tenn.bio.utk.edu/):
• John Beck
• Dan Busemeyer
• Richard Cassell
• Edward W. Chester
• Jerry Drown,Tennessee Native Plant Society
• Kurt Emmanuele
• A. Murray Evans
• Chris A. Fleming
• Bart Jones
• Edgar B. Lickey
• Alan S. Heilman
• Otto Hirsch, Tennessee Native Plant Society
• Dennis D. Horn
• Edgar B. Lickey
• John McGregor
• Mark Pistrang
• Daniel Reed
• Dick Sooy
• B. Eugene Wofford
• Wofford and Chester*
• Tennessee Division of Natural Heritage
*Images with Wofford and Chester caption are from “Guide to Trees, Shrubs, and
Woody Vines of Tennessee” by B. Eugene Wofford and Edward W. Chester. For
additional information about this book contact the University of Tennessee
Press(under seasonal catalogs)at: www.utpress.org